Monday, November 1, 2010

The London Hat

No, not that one! (That's a giant leaf from Kensington Gardens).

That's not it either. (In the shop at the Tower of London).

There it is!

I bought a todder hat pattern from this shop a few weeks before the tot and I went to London.  I thought it would be perfect for the trip, so I dubbed it "The London Hat".


Be sure to add the 1 inch seam allowance to the pattern.  It's not mentioned in the pattern itself, but in the email directions that accompany it.  I overlooked it, so now dolly has a matching hat :-)

I used a pair of ladies dress pants from Goodwill for the fabric.  The lining is flannel.  They only cost $1, and I was able to make 3 hats from them.  The third hat worked well for a snowman:

(yes, we already had snow in ND!)

The frayed flower is not part of the pattern, but here's a great tutorial that can help you out.  I just attached it to the hat with a safety pin.

This has to be my favorite picture of the trip! (Thanks Auntie Heather!) 


There's fashion statements everywhere in London!

1 comments:

AllieMakes! said...

Ok. That is SO cute! Excellent job!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails