Monday, November 1, 2010

I went to London for pomegranates


During my recent trip to London, I discovered the Spanish Pomegrante.  We all know how I feel about pomegranates!  As much as I love them, I've got nothing on the little gal.  She ate three of them!

The Spanish variety has a light pink skin and light pink arils.  The flavor is similar to the red variety, although a little more mild, and the seeds are smaller so they are easier for tots to eat.  Definitely give these ones a try.  If you are new to the wonder that is the pomegranate, here's an earlier post with some info for beginners including how to cut and eat this wonderful fruit:

Don't fear the pomegranate

They are only available in the U.S. for a few months, so don't miss them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails