Saturday, October 2, 2010

Upcycling sheets...into a toddler tent!

I love vintage linens.  A while ago I spent over $50 on vintage linens at the Salvation Army thrift shop.  That's impressive when you consider the sheets at $4 each and the pillowcases are $1.  I am a thrift shop frequenter, so I know the best places to find certain things, and the Salvation Army is where you go to buy vintage linens!  The pillowcases make great dresses.  Now I have a use for the sheets too!

I used this tutorial for inspiration- a card table tent!

(The cat is modeling because it's after the tot's bedtime). 

It fits perfectly over a regular folding card table.  It has a flap for a door, and a little window, which also has a flap so it can close.


I used one flat and one fitted sheet to make it, and still had enough left over to make a little drawstring bag for store it in.  It takes just a second to set up and tear down, and a couple hours to sew, but most of that time was spent measuring and cutting the sheets.

This one was for a friend, so now I have to make another one for us to keep :-)

2 comments:

Auntie Heather said...

that is so much better than just throwing a sheet or blanket over a table!

allenaim photography and design said...

so much fun!! I'm working on my own kiddo tents, so I had to click over and check out yours from the Thrifty Mama. LOVING the cute little peek a boo window :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails