Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Call of the Casseroles

The Call of the Casseroles came around recently, for 2 families with new babies.  I am not a casserole cooker. At all.  I am not even sure I like to eat casseroles, and I'm certainly not skilled at cooking them.  Rather than pretend to be going out of town, I decided to offer to make some lunches for the older siblings, which the moms took me up on. 

Each family had two older children, and I wanted to make 2 lunches per chid, so that was 8 lunches.  I included only finger foods, and I kept the portions tiny so there would be a lot of variety in each lunch. 

Lunch #1 was a mini cheese pizza (from Schwans), raspberries and clementine orange slices, cheese and crackers, a mini banana, broccoli & a cherry tomato, with teddy grahams and a mini muffin for dessert.  I used small cookie cutters to make the cheese cutesy and included a lot of nibble-sized portions of colorful fruits and veggies to entice picky eaters. 


I used up a lot of creativity on lunch #1, so #2 wasn't as exciting.  It was 1/4 cheese sandwich, 1/4 peanut butter sandwich, strawberries, pomegranate, pretzels, and a cookie for dessert.  Normally I use silicone muffin cups to separate the wet and dry foods, but I didn't want the moms to worry about getting them back to me so I used aluminum foil and foil mini muffin cups.

They make such a nice pattern all stacked up.


Here's all 8!

Hmmm...I didn't make any for my little gal!  She loves a good bento box lunch.  Next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails