Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Repurposed Jeans

It's a sad day when your favorite jeans become unwearable.  I always seem to wear out jeans in the knees.  I thought that was for kids.  How exactly does a grown woman lose all her jeans to holes in the knees?  If you have any idea, please let me know!

That sad day came for me, and alas, I got a big rip in the knee.  I suppose I should have seen it coming, because the jeans themselves were getting pretty threadbare!

I used this tutorial for inspiration and turned my favorite (now ripped) jeans into a jean skirt!  The best part is that it fits PERFECTLY, and is just as comfy as the original jeans were.  HIGHLY recommended!  The most time consuming part was ripping out the seams of the jeans, but that can be made more entertaining by watching something good on the DVR :-)

What do you think? (about the skirt, not about my lack of modeling skills or the concept of self-portraits-in-the-mirror, please!)





I sewed about 1/4 in. from the bottom edge to allow just a little fraying:

My assistant:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails