Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sewing for a cause


I've decided to combine two of my favorite things: teaching people to sew and sewing for charity. I am going to host a series of sewing classes where I will teach a simple sewing project that corresponds to something a variety of different chartities are looking for. Here's what I have planned so far, and the charities that would love to have them:


Infant legwarmers through Living Our Love Song, who gives them to NICU babies (July 15, 6pm)


Tutus for the Princess Alexa Foundation, which gives dress up clothes to seriously ill children (July 22, 6pm)


Pillowcase dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World, which gives dresses to girls in 3rd world countries, some of whom have never owned a dress before (July 8, 10am)
If you would like more information, please send me an email! I hope you can make it!


Cost per class: If you make at least one item to donate, FREE, whether you make the item at class or after you get home. (Otherwise it will be $5 per class).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails