The first dress I made was with a rainbow motif. My little gal is short so the size 2-3 was too long for this summer, but it should fit perfectly next summer!
For the second one, I had some batik fabric that I was eager to use, but I wasn't sure what to put with it. I ended up using just the batik! I cut it up into squares, and because of the dye of the fabric, some squares turned out more pink or orange or green. I divided them up by color, and used each color group for each layer, so it's a very gradual transition down the dress.
I only did 5 layers instead of 6 to make it shorter, and I took in the sides about an inch on each side.
Since I only have 4 projects going on right now, it's time to start another one!