Friday, July 23, 2010

Patchwork Twirler = LOVE!

I am absolutely in love with sweetshop's Tiered Patchwork Twirler pattern!  I have made two already and have more planned.  It's not a difficult pattern at all, although the little squares did make it time consuming.  My first one took me 6 hours, although 2 of the hours were spent cutting the squares.  Fortunately, I had a friend working on the same thing so we had a nice chat, a few snacks, and at the end of the morning we were all cut out.

The first dress I made was with a rainbow motif.  My little gal is short so the size 2-3 was too long for this summer, but it should fit perfectly next summer!


For the second one, I had some batik fabric that I was eager to use, but I wasn't sure what to put with it.  I ended up using just the batik!  I cut it up into squares, and because of the dye of the fabric, some squares turned out more pink or orange or green.  I divided them up by color, and used each color group for each layer, so it's a very gradual transition down the dress. 

I only did 5 layers instead of 6 to make it shorter, and I took in the sides about an inch on each side.




Since I only have 4 projects going on right now, it's time to start another one!

2 comments:

Nozomi said...

She looks adorable with the dress! I love this dress with gradation of the colors like yours. I hope I can make the rainbow one next year!

Vegbee said...

I am so in love with the batik twirler. Can I please have permission to share on indietutes?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails