Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Food Challenge Week 7

Took a little break from the baby food recipes, but I'm back now and today we have Wheatmeal.

If you're new to the Challenge, check out this post for more info!


Wheatmeal

Ingredients:

1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. water or milk (I used half of each)
dash of salt (optional)
1/2 c. baby mixed grain cereal (or any baby cereal)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar

Cook oatmeal on the stove with the first 3 ingredients according to package directions. Stir in baby cereal, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Add a little cool water until the oatmeal reaches the desired consistancy. The cool water also helps cool the oatmeal so hungry tots don't have to wait so long!

Makes 2 tot servings.

This made oatmeal with an interesting texture. The baby cereal makes it a smooth with chunks of real oats. The cereal also adds a lot of vitamins to an already healthy breakfast!

Little Gal says: "I ate half of it, but then I got distracted because I got to drink out of a real cup today!"
Please ignore the blinding white background. We got SNOW today, May 7th!
Coming next time: apple juice cookies! Are you running out of baby food? I know I am!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails