Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tie-dye dress...FAIL

I have been wanting to make a candy dress for awhile now...and I finally did it.  BUT, as you can see, my dye did not dye very well. 


The dress was made out of a polyester blend material insted of cotton, which I didn't even realize until the dyeing process began.  You can see that the 100% cotton tag had no trouble keeping the dye.



I guess I'll have to try again!  At least my Nerds patch turned out surprisingly well! 

I scanned a box of Nerds and printed the image on transfer paper from Dharma Trading.  I also scanned a cassette tape, a box of mac and cheese, and a Scrabble tile, so more patches are on the way.  Mac and cheese is the little gal's favorite food, so I am going to make her a mac and cheese dress :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails