Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Food Challenge #3: Meatloaf!

This makes a very moist meatloaf because of the veggies and tomato paste.  I'm going to apologize now for my lack of photos.  I made 5 recipes today, and forgot to document this one! Silly me.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 jar baby food veggies
1 can tomato paste
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
seasonings to taste (I use italian seasonings)

Mix ingredients and press into a greased 9 x 5 bread pan.  Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until it reaches 160 degrees (the safe cooking temp for ground beef).

I used mixed veggies for this recipe, which was carrots, peas, and green beans, but you can use any veggies.

Little Gal says: "I'm more of a carbivore than a carnivore, but I ate half of my serving."

Mr. Apple says: "Very moist, good consistency and taste, but I want more gah-lic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails