Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recycled confetti art for tots

I haven't scrapbooked in awhile, but I still have a ton of scrap paper from it.  I mean SCRAP, as in teeny tiny pieces that the average person would throw out.  At scrapbooking workshops, I would take other people's scraps out of the trash.  Seriously.  I even have 4 bags of scraps, sorted by size (little and big) and color (solids and prints).  They needed a purpose. Sooo...I chopped them up into about 1 inch squares and gave them to the little gal for art projects.  She was a big fan of throwing them around while I was cutting and made a nice little art project for Daddy.  Success! The recycling maniac wins yet again.



I spread the paper with a layer of Mod Podge glue and she stuck the confetti on (note the toddler bib, which doubles as an art smock).

The confetti stores nicely in a small peanut butter jar
Beautiful, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails