Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mini underwear

I found a pattern for a cloth diaper cover that I thought I could use to make little training pants or underwear for the little gal, since she just got a potty (she is only 16 months, so we are "potty offering", not "potty training" yet). Here's the pattern I used: http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-soaker-pattern.html

I made size medium using scraps of cotton knit material. It turned out bigger than I expected! I think these will probably fit a 6 year old as underwear, though they would probably fit as a diaper cover for a toddler as well.


I also found a home for wrong-size underwear such as this, at Project Underwear (http://www.projectunderwear.com/home.html). They provide 2 pairs of underwear to kids in poor countries who otherwise wouldn't have any. We take a lot of things for granted, and underwear is definitely one of them! These only took about 20 minutes to make, so I'll probably make more to donate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails