Sunday, January 31, 2010

Carrot pizza?

The little gal LOVES pizza. She can eat a whole piece by herself. We eat pizza lot, especially homemade, so this was my attempt at making it healthier.

First, just by making it at home, it's already healthier! That was easy :-) But I went a step further. I got a set of microplaners for Christmas (like a grater, but more fine and much faster). I'm not a big fan of green peppers and onions, which are traditional pizza veggies, so I tried...carrots. Read on! After I put on the sauce, I shredded a handful of baby carrots over the entire pizza, and put a lot over a section for the little gal. The orange color blends in with the sauce nicely and will be covered by the cheese, which eliminates the popular kid question, "what's this green stuff?". I added the cheese and pepperoni, and off it went to the oven.

The verdict? The little gal scarfed it down, so that's a thumbs up from her. The hubby and I liked it too. The carrots are barely noticble, but they add a little bit of flavor. Success! We will definitely be doing this again. Maybe next time I'll grate some...broccoli? Who knows. The possibilities are endless.

1 comments:

Auntie Heather said...

I kid you not, there is always a tuna and sweetcorn pizza on every menu over here. Sounds vile, but its actually pretty good. They are big fans of corn on pizza here - chicken and corn, spininch, and broccoli. My personal favorite is pinapple or just red bell peppers...mmm. I bet if you shredded zucchini that would be good as well... just de-seed first so its not so watery.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails