Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Altered Scrabble Board

My mom's obsessions are her only granddaughter and Scrabble, so I thought the best Christmas gift would be a combination of the two!

I used super strong glue to glue the tiles in place and the board open, and added brads, stickers, and ribbons for a little glam, and used ribbon as a hanger. I am very happy with how it turned out. I can't wait for Christmas to give it to her! Here are some close ups:

I have not done many altered items before, but I had a blast with this project! So much fun, in fact, that I will be adding this item to my Etsy shop. All you have to do is send some pictures and decide on a theme, and I will do the rest!

1 comments:

Gramma Donna said...

I am the mom who received the altered scrabble board as one of the Christmas gifts from my daughter. I just love it! It is one of the best (if not the best!) gift I have ever received! I will cherish it forever!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails